Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Remember that "green" is just a code word and it can retrieve a variety of results having to do with either environmental issues, a color, money or financial matters, and even someone's last name.
It is ok to start out with a search like "green " AND colleges but be flexible and pay attention to other useful terms such as:
- Sustainable architecture
- The phrase "environmental aspects" AND'ed with either College Buildings, College Facilities, or with Colleges or Universities
- Sustainable design or Sustainable buildings AND'ed with the above terms for college
For the "green printing" group, try:
- College textbooks --Environmental aspects
- University presses- Environmental aspects
- Recycled paper AND'ed with terms for colleges, as above
- Printing industry AND (sustainability OR environmental)
There is plenty of material on the engineering, economic and safety aspects of autonomous vehicles or self-drivng cars. It might be more difficult to find material on their use as part of a campus transportation system (although a few articles are linked below).
Possible search words/phrases:
- Automated vehicles
- Autonomous vehicles
- College student transportation
- College campuses AND transportation
Moving University Police and food service
Articles are available on college food service options. Possible search terms and links to specific articles follow:
- Food service AND "Universities & colleges" AND...
- add terms to the above such as, Retention, or Satisfaction, or Trends
Possible search terms:
- Football stadiums AND (universities and colleges)
- Stadium* - design and construction AND (universities and colleges)
- "Sports facilities" AND design AND (universities and colleges)
- College athletes -- recruiting AND "sports facilities"
Field house?/Shed @ "Tubing Hill"
- Sheds - Design and construction
- "Field houses" (this tends to refer to large sports facilities)
There are many articles available by searching under "Sheds - Design & Construction". In addition, note several books in our collection. See below.
Barns Sheds and Outbuildings Written with the do-it-yourselfer in mind, Barns, Sheds & Outbuildings gives readers the information they need to plan, build, and finish a utility building. This revised and expanded edition presents a variety of buildings, from the simplest garden shed to a huge gambrel dairy barn to a backyard artist's studio. Part One begins with design and planning information to help potential builders locate their building, decide on its design, and decode architectural plans and building codes. Individual chapters detail the basics: building foundations, from simple shed foundations to poured concrete slabs; framing walls and roofs, including long sections on pole buildings and old-fashioned timber-framing techniques; and closing in the framing, including all types of roofing and siding as well as door and window installation. Other chapters cover the basic wiring and plumbing needs of barns, as well as options for interior and exterior finish work. Part Two presents 12 design concepts, with photographs and detail views, of various buildings that readers can build.
Call Number: TH4930 .W325 2005