Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Group Study Spaces Policy
- The Group Study Room is intended as a place where students can study together. The room has three separate group study spaces.
Who can use the space?
- Only current ASC students with valid ASC ID’s may reserve a space.
- Spaces are for group study only – not for meetings, classes, or socializing.
- Groups must have a least two people and no more than six (four due to Covid).
- One group cannot reserve all available study spaces to keep the room to themselves.
- Students can schedule directly by scanning the code or from the link on the library’s Website.
- Spaces are scheduled in ½ hour blocks for up to two (2) hours.
- Group study space can only be used when the library is open.
- A key is required to access group study space in the room.
- The key will be checked out to a group member at the Circulation Desk.
- The person checking out the room key assumes liability.
- If no one is waiting, groups can stay beyond their time up to four (4) hours but must vacate if another group needs the space.
- No groups may stay more than four (4) hours.
- Spaces must be vacated ½ hour prior to library closing
- Group members who reserve all available group spaces in order to keep the room to themselves will be asked to leave.
- Covered beverages only – no food.
- Students are expected to collaborate respectfully in accordance with the ASC Student Code of Conduct - http://www.alfredstate.edu/student-code-of-conduct
- Failure to comply with the group study room policy may result in eviction from the room and denial of future reservations.
- Please clean the whiteboard and return furniture to its original position.
- The library is not responsible for personal property left in the room.