Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- When was the information published or posted?
- Has the information been revised/updated?
- Do the links work?
- What do you need: newest information or older sources?
- Is there a copyright date or range?
- Is the information supported by evidence?
- Has the information been reviewed or refereed by experts in the field?
- Can you verify the information in another source?
- Is there evidence of bias?
- Is the information presented in a professional manner? Are there spelling or grammar errors?
- How well does the information relate to your topic or question?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Can you understand the information?
- Is this the best source for your information need?
- Have you looked at a variety of sources?
- Is the purpose of the information to educate, sell, entertain or persuade?
- Are the intentions of the authors or sponsors clearly stated? (Look at a website's "About" page)
- Is the information presented as fact, opinion, or propaganda?
- Is the point of view objective and impartial?
- Is there evidence of political, ideological, cultural, religious, institutional or personal biases?
- Who is the author/publisher/source/sponsor? (Look at the "About" page)
- Does the author have educational or organizational credentials?
- Is the the author qualified to write on this topic?
- Is contact information for the author available?
- What does the url tell you about the source?