Features of a Literature Review
- Presents a detailed review of professional scientific literature that is pertinent to your research problem
- Will synthesize relevant research and lay a foundation so a reviewer can understand your research and its significance
- Presents a succinct summary of the finds of previous research related to your research problem
- Will provide a reviewer with context about what is known about your problem and what still remains to be learned
- Will bring the reviewer up to date on the state of research in the field pertaining to your problem
- A literature review is NOT a book report!
- Use APA formatting for in-text citations