Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- This is a commercial site
- These sites are designed to sell or advertise a product or service
- News sites are often .com; some are suitable as an academic source (ex. NYT.com); some display obvious bias
.gov or .mil
- This is a government (state, local, or federal) or military web site
- These sites are often suitable for use in academic research
- This is an organization web site
- The organization can be either for profit or non-profit
- May be advocating a particular point of view; beware of bias
- This is a web site that originates at a college or university
- Often .edu sites are suitable for academic research
- NOTE: be careful not to use information from a personal web space at a .edu site; the url will display a ~ (tilde) that indicates the information is from a privately owned page, possibly belonging to a student!