Skip to main content
Group Study Spaces Policy
- The Group Study Room is intended as a place where students can study together. The room has three separate group study spaces.
Who can use the space?
- Only current ASC students with valid ASC ID’s may reserve a space.
- Spaces are for group study only – not for meetings, classes, or socializing.
- Groups must have a least two people and no more than six.
- Students can schedule directly by scanning the code or from the link on the library’s Website.
- Spaces are scheduled in ½ hour blocks for up to two (2) hours.
- Group study space can only be used when the library is open.
- A key is required to access group study space in the room.
- The key will be checked out to a group member at the Circulation Desk.
- The person checking out the room key assumes liability.
- If no one is waiting, groups can stay beyond their time up to four (4) hours but must vacate if another group needs the space.
- No groups may stay more than four (4) hours.
- Spaces must be vacated ½ hour prior to library closing
- Covered beverages only – no food.
- Students are expected to collaborate respectfully in accordance with the ASC Student Code of Conduct - http://www.alfredstate.edu/student-code-of-conduct
- Failure to comply with the group study room policy may result in eviction from the room and denial of future reservations.
- Please clean the whiteboard and return furniture to its original position.
- The library is not responsible for personal property left in the room.